3.13.2011

Productive Weekend

This weekend was actually pretty great! Although it didn't involve seeing my beautiful girlfriend, it was still awesome.

My roommate and I hung out pretty much all weekend.

I had a rough Friday night. It had been a weird day, and then I spent most of the night by myself. It's a little weird still when Friday night rolls around and I don't have plans. Just a little reminder that I'm growing up more every day. I don't mind being alone...just takes some getting used to. Friday night I was a little down, but spent the night watching movies with my roomie when he got home.

Woke up Saturday feeling pretty refreshed. I was looking forward to it all night because I knew it was going to be a gorgeous day. I got a few things done around the house, then made my way over to the 'rents house to pick up some stuff to do some yardwork. I called my roommate on the way back, picked us up some lunch and met him back at the house around 1:30. It was beautiful out! After we ate, we discussed where in the world to even start!! We decided to just start hacking away. 4 hours later we were done...tired, but done. I re-shaped all the bushes on the front of the house...unfortunately, using an electric hedger made my hands so numb that they shook the rest of the night every time I made a fist...weird feeling!

We also chopped down all the dead trees that were blocking part of the house. Our walkway now looks open and inviting, rather than scary and 'oh my God, something is going to jump out and eat me.' I've never had a yard to take care of, but I actually enjoy it a lot. Working outside all day is very therapeutic...so is swinging an ax or digging up plants haha.

We've been blessed with good weather as of late...hopefully it stays like this through my birthday next weekend/week.

I hate Sunday nights because I know Monday morning is looming around the corner. I'm actually anxious for this week to get started so that I move one day closer to next weekend...AKA celebrating my birthday and Sarah will be in town. I also have our first tournament that weekend...I'm excited to see how the girls have progressed since we started in February.

I also acquired another roommate this weekend. My friend Lauren moved into our third bedroom. I wish she was moving in under better circumstances, but we're still glad to have her. Tonight is really nice actually... After finishing some stuff in the yard most of the day with Stephen and Jacob, and after Lauren moved her stuff in, we're all sitting around just hanging out. Kevin came over and is cooking everyone dinner. Smells so good my mouth is watering. Good friends, good food, good wine...just need my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment