3.08.2011

Days Go By

It's weird when you start to feel yourself getting older. When you graduate and head off into the work world, you never dream you'll feel the way you do months later. You go from party animal with seemingly endless energy to this tired version of yourself that would rather sit at home on Friday night and relax in front of the tv. Partly because you're tired and partly because spending money makes you cringe a little.

This is where I'm at.

A year ago, when the week would be winding down, there wasn't even a question about my plans. After class was over, it was time to start partying with my friends...kicking off the weekend (and by weekend I mean Wednesday or Thursday night) right with a little liquid fun. Whatever night it was, we usually ended up out waaaay too late, etc. etc.

I'm lucky if I make it to midnight now.

When you graduate, you swear to yourself that you won't change. You will still go out allllll the time and do this and that; but the truth of the matter is, not many stick to that promise. I certainly haven't. Do I still go out? Of course...I'm in my young 20's.  But not nearly as often as I once did. Responsibility kicks in. I would say that becomes very apparent once you're out on your own. There is something about living on your own that makes something click in your head. It's like "Oh...no I can't really go out because I need to do laundry for work tomorrow." Or "Good God I can't even think about going out because I'm exhausted, the kitchen is a mess, I can't find my bed under my mountain of dirty clothes." Sometimes you just say screw it, and carry on with your old lifestyle. But I'd say that 90% of the time now, I choose staying in rather than going out.

Honestly, it's cheaper, safer and I usually have more fun. Plus I can wear sweats :-D

It's a weird feeling when you start hearing your brain throw around the words "settling down." I'm not lying when I said I have been a party animal in the past. Don't get me wrong, I still look to have a good time all the time. But I feel like something has changed inside of me. I want to be a better version of myself than I ever have been. Credit my girlfriend...I think we bring out each other's good sides. Most of the time at least. We still both revert to old tendencies, but we're young and human so whateverrrrrr. I just like where I'm at and how I feel. Plain and simple.

It's good to be in love. It's f'in fantastic actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment