3.22.2011

Cool Thing

"She didn't come there looking for love. And the cool thing was, neither did I, neither did I."

I have always loved that song, but as it played this morning, it took new meaning for me. As I sleepily got dressed this morning, I suddenly stopped in my tracks and just listened to the words above.

It took me back to November. The 19th to be exact. I knew that my friend Stephen's friend Sarah was coming up that weekend. In my mind, I was not looking for anything. Especially not to fall in love. As far as I was concerned, we were two very different individuals. I figured we'd go out that night, get to know each other and have fun, and become two people that met one time.

I was SO nervous and I didn't really know why. I guess in the back of my mind I was like, "I am meeting a gorgeous blonde and that maybe, just maybe, something could come of it." I quickly talked myself out of that, however, so that I didn't set myself up for disappointment or whatever it was that I was afraid of. I had never been so nervous to meet a new person, which weirded me out because I'm never nervous to meet new people.

The day came. She tried to back out of coming, but I told Stephen to tell her to quit being a flake and to get up here and party with us. She did.

I remember when Stephen got the phone call that she was close. I was sitting in his kitchen drinking a beer to take the edge off my nerves. Still didn't know why I was nervous, other than the fact that her beauty was extremely intimidating. When the phone rang and Stephen went outside to get her, my heart was pounding. Then the door opened and I slowly and casually looked up, like it was no big deal to see her walking in. My heart skipped a beat and I stood up and we shook hands and said hello. I immediately offered her a beer...which she gladly accepted. I found out later that she was equally as nervous...

I'll admit...I felt super awkward before we left. I was all out of sorts, but trying to be calm and myself at the same time. Time was moving fast, so I suggested that we get on the road. She sat up front with me and took control of my iPod. We talked music and stuff...we had the a ton of the same music. It was funny because as we were driving, she was totally side-seat driving. I thought it was cute. I knew I had a crush.

We got to our sweet ass hotel room and all started drinking for going out that night. We continued to talk and get to know each other. It was easier as we "loosened up" more :) When everyone was ready, we headed out to the bar Stephen wanted to go to. After an INSANE cab ride, we got to the bar. There were 2 people inside other than us. Literally! Stephen really wanted to dance, so he did. Sarah and I spent the whole time just talking to each other. I could start to tell we had this insane connection.

We headed home later and decided to night cap it at the hotel room. It was really chill. Stephen and Andrew headed to bed, but Sarah and I were still up so we got in bed and watched some tv. We got pretty tired fast, so we turned out the lights and shut off the tv off.

We laid down...she was super close to me. My heart was racing and then we kissed. And now here we are. One night turned into what we have now. It blows my mind every time I think about it. Which is probably why I think about it all the time.

She didn't go there looking for love, and the cool thing is, neither did I...

No comments:

Post a Comment