3.21.2011

Good-bye, 22

I hate odd numbers. It's a little quirk of mine. Today is my last day of being 22 years old. 22 just happens to be my favorite number, so I'm a little sad to see it go.

What a year 22 was for me.

I look at a year ago and look at myself now. A LOT has changed.

Graduated
Work a full time job
Insurance Agent
Coach AAU
Fell head over heels in lerve
Met some great friends
Moved out

Those are just the major things...there are probably a million little things I could think of, but I'll save anyone who's reading this from enduring that.

This past weekend was fantastic. Sarah came in town for my birthday, and her, Stephen, Kevin, my roommate and family all made the weekend great. I had a tournament this weekend, but thankfully we only played 4 games and they were all at very convenient times!

I was spoiled rotten in the gift department. A bunch of cool stuff from Anthropologie, a shirt from Victoria's Secret, a beautiful necklace, really neat wine glasses, scarf and earrings from Banana and some money from the family. Oh and a bottle of Makers from my neighbor! Did I forget anything....probably..

After my games on Saturday, I went home and spent some time with Sarah before we got ready to head out for the evening with Stephen and Kevin. With the top down on Kevin's Jeep on a GORGEOUS day, we headed over to WineStyles for a couple of glasses of wine before heading to my parents' house for my party.

My dad made fried chicken and all the sides...it was de-lish! My whole family was there, the neighbors were all out...it was a goooood time. We played cornhole and got in the hot tub, before finally hitting the wall and deciding it was time to head home to collapse into bed...which is exactly what we did!

22 was a good one...I grew up in a lot of ways. I said good-bye to some people in my life and was fortunate enough to meet the people I'm closest with now. I truly have an amazing set of people in my life who love me and are there for me. For that I am truly blessed.

Tomorrow I welcome number 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment