8.02.2011

Kings of LeGONE

I am still super pissed. Yesterday afternoon as I talked to my girl on her trek back to Charlotte, we were talking about this coming weekend and how excited we were for the Kings of Leon concert. We were talking about what we were going to wear, the songs we couldn't wait to hear, how we were going to smuggle in alcohol in protest of paying 10 dollars for a tall boy... And then my email ringer went off in my ear.

::COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES::

An email from LiveNation came through: "Your event (Kings of Leon concert) has been cancelled" .............................................

What the fuck?!?! Seriously? She thought I was joking...sadly I was not. The words I read echoed in my head all afternoon, evening and night. They're still there this morning. The whole weekend was going to be a blast and now, I have no idea what is going on. Other than the fact that I have a train ticket to Charlotte for Thursday after work.

I hate when I get my hopes up for something and it blows up in my face. It really bothers me even though it's beyond my control. I was just SO looking forward to it...especially being there with Sarah. Hearing all our favorite songs...mehhhhh.

So now I have to figure out the rest of the weekend and how I'm getting back to Greensboro on Sunday...

I feel a little like the scene in National Lampoon's Vacation where they drive all the way to Wally World only to find that it is closed for repairs. Yep...kinda like that.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment