6.01.2011

Missing

A few things have gone missing... The most important being my dog, and the second being my damn car keys.

Poof! Vanished...

One of them is roaming around in the woods behind my apartment. Although as I sit here, bouncing my leg, biting the shit out of my nails and watching the minutes slowly go by, I'm just praying she stays where she's at and we find her tonight.


I've collaborated a little search & rescue effort tonight. Lexi was home from the shelter I adopted her from for all of about 5 minutes before she found a hole in the dog park fence and escaped. She ran across the road and into the woods behind my apartment. I thought she was gone somewhere in Greensboro until my roommate saw her little face in there yesterday. She promptly disappeared back into hiding when she saw him though. Apparently she loves hide and seek. She is the master!!!!

I'm tired. I'm worried. I'm annoyed. I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm hot, which I'm sure she is too. I just feel terrible about all of this. I rescued her to give her a better life...not so she could camp out in 95 degree weather. She is beyond sweet and I just don't get why this is all happening. I tried to do something nice and adopt a dog who needed to be taken care of, and then she's just gone? That's not right and it pisses me off.

A million thoughts have been going through my head. From how hot it is, to what bugs I'm sure are eating her alive. What does she do all day? Is she so scared that she can't even really move? I wish I could crawl inside her little head and tell her everything is ok and that I'm only here to take care of her and love her.

Sarah didn't even get to meet her yet which is one of the main reasons all of this pisses me off. A dog we both loved from the second we saw her adorable little face online. I was going to surprise Sarah when she came in to town last weekend by having Lexi in her cage when she got there. Instead it was umm...Lexi is gone.

I feel like someone ripped my heart out my chest. I feel like the worst owner ever. None of this was my fault, seeing as how I didn't kick a hole in the damn fence. But I know that I am somehow still responsible for it happening because I'm the human...I'm the smart one (who didn't check the fence) and it is my job to take care of things that can't care for themselves.

5:00 can't get here fast enough so I can hopefully find the little furball down where she was yesterday and rescue her. I just pray to God that she is not sick from the heat, lack of water etc. Please God...I want this dog. I can't take feeling like I'm going to burst into tears at any second...that's not me. I just want her safe and sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment