6.20.2011

Break Away

This weekend was good. Great, actually!

Sarah was able to come up for the weekend and we got away for a little bit. We went camping up at Hanging Rock and had an awesome time, just the two of us!

She got here Friday night and we just hung out and crashed relatively early. Got up the next day, packed and got everything ready, stopped by the store to pick up a few things, then hit the road!

By 1:30 we were on the mountain with our campsite all set up. We headed down to the lake and decided to rent out a rowboat and paddle out to the middle of the lake, crack a couple beers and just relax. So we did just that :)  We were on the water for about an hour, just talking and enjoying the beautiful weather before a little storm rolled in. We rowed back as fast as we could--I'm quite a bit stronger, so we kind of rowed sideways back as one of my reps was about 3 of hers. But we made it back and proceeded to walk back to the campground in a nice rainstorm. It actually felt really good being out in the rain like that. When it was really coming down, we hunkered under a rock to try and keep a stitch or two of our clothes dry. We made it back to the campground as it was slowing down. Sarah wanted a deck of cards, so we headed down to the little store at the bottom of the mountain and picked some up. We never ended up playing...because I'm an idiot!

As it was clearing up, we decided to go hike a few of the falls. It was so nice because everyone left the park because of the storm. It was like we had a whole mountain to ourselves!!! We hiked, and talked, and laughed, and took in the views. It was one of my favorite afternoons with her.

That evening we got back, got the fire going and sat around talking and eating some hot dogs. The sun finally faded away and the bugs started freaking her out, so we turned in relatively early. Thankfully, a good soul let us borrow their air mattress pump because Sarah forgot hers in Charlotte. Didn't quite matter for me, as my ass was on the ground the whole night. But don't worry...Sarah was fine because my weight pushed her side of the mattress up and off the ground! What a turd.

The next morning we slept in until about 9. We got up and drove down the mountain to get some cell phone signal to call our dad's for Father's Day and to check on the status of my coming-any-day-now nephew. Then we went back and started packing up things and had one last hot dog meal (yay) around the fire before loading up and heading out.

We stopped at my sister's house to meet up with my family and have a little lunch. We were both really tired, so we came back to the apartment, unpacked and did some laundry...and SHOWERED! God did the shower feel good haha.

Then we laid around and rested before watching the Yankees demolish the Cubbies :) There was a little bet there that will get fulfilled one day soon!

I loved this weekend because it reiterated what I already knew. I can be with her in a group of people or just the two of us and have an amazing time. Spending time with her never gets old and always leaves me longing for more. There are not enough hours in the day to satisfy that longing. I love every minute of every day of us. Be it a good day or a bad day, my feelings never falter and I love it. It was so nice to get away from the normal day to day and get out to the mountains with her. Definitely gotta do it again soon! Most likely going to be the fall...which just so happens to be my favorite time of year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment