6.02.2011

Good Vibes :)

And just like that, things can turn around!

Got Lexi back and got my keys back!

The keys were the least of my worries, honestly... Those can be replaced, Lexi cannot. Yesterday, my coworker Charlton and I ventured down back into the woods where she disappeared to in search of her. This time I was determined. When I left the house, I paused for a second before locking the door behind me and said out loud "I'm coming home with my dog today."

We were down there for all of maybe 5 minutes when I heard him say "I SEE HER!!!" I went to where he was standing so she could see me, and he went to the other side of the giant thorn bush. While I talked to her, he reached in and grabbed her out. She was BURIED deep in that damn thicket.  She had ants crawling all over her and looked scared and pitiful. I wrapped her in a towel and took her straight to the bathroom for a long bath.

It took her a while to calm down, but it was nothing a McDouble couldn't cure. She slept soundly in her new bed in her new home last night. I'm SO happy she is safe and can't wait for her to meet Sarah :)

-SN- my keys ended up being in my roommates shorts pockets....I guess a day of drinks by the pool will make all parties involved forget little details like that!!!

I'm in such a good mood today. I went home for lunch to take out Lexi and spend some time with her. We watched some tv together and she begged off me for some chicken salad. She has some dachshund in her for sure!!!

As I sat there with her enjoying just sitting in calm for a while, my mind immediately went to Sarah. All I could think about was her being there too. Not just for a random lunch, but all the time. I can see coming home every day and seeing her and Lexi for lunch and it just made my heart smile. Big smile!

I can't wait for tomorrow when Sarah comes through that door and gets to meet Lexi and we can spend some time together with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment