5.09.2011

Hurry Up May

I'm sitting here with a grumbling tummy that is demanding food. And soon! In between hunger pangs I keep thinking about how I wish May was over already. Sarah and I's schedules are completely opposite this month. She's gone on my weekends off and I'm gone when she's not out of town. Oopsies.

Hopefully June isn't as bad, but I knew summer would be different than the winter, because let's face it...there is just much more fun stuff to do in the summer!

-Pause- I just got the stupid f*in splinter out of my finger that's been there for two days. HOORAY!

Anywho..

So yea...I knew summer would be tough, but so far it's ok. I'm learning that there will always be ups and downs in relationships. Some downs are worse than others...that's just life. But I'm also learning to just focus on the love you have with someone instead of the negative. Sometimes we think too much. Sometimes we worry about others too much and forget about ourselves. It's the hustle and bustle of life that sometimes distracts us from what's most important. And sometimes it takes some scary conversations and long, painful days to be reminded of what is most important--the love the two of you share.

There will always be bumps in the road and I'm learning more and more to accept that and not treat it like the end of the world. Did I mention I hate conflict? :) I'm a lover not a fighter that is for sure. I can be feisty, but for the most part I'm the one keeping everyone chilled out.

Basketball has really been on my nerves recently. The girls aren't playing well, we're losing games, and fingers are being pointed. Fingers from those people that I've trusted most, which is kind of a let down. I just don't understand how you blame the VOLUNTEER, 23 YEAR OLD coach for everything. I mean, I'm the easy target and my skin is thick enough to handle it all, but I mean really people? These kids are 12. I will get them where they want to be.

I'm dealing with girls going through puberty right now though. And let me tell you what...sometimes I want to strangle them and their attitudes. Ahhh the joys of parenting in the future :) My sweet little children will grow up to be mommy-hating heathens during this time.

Just yesterday at our annual Mother's Day tea party, my mom was saying how she is going to laugh so hard when my children put me through what Katie and I put her through. Parents put up with a lot and ultimately get the last laugh. I'll be a good parent some day.

This has been a little random, but it's what's going through my head. Fortunately it's time for lunch, so I will wrap up this string of thoughts. Oh one more thing....this new bra from Target is uhhhh-mazing. Sporting double-D's today haha...not sure if I could have boobs that were actually this big though.

Ok, shutting up now.

Love is not finding someone to live with; It’s finding someone you can’t live without
Rafael Ortiz

No comments:

Post a Comment