9.09.2010

Randoms. isms.

Every morning brings another, slightly stronger hint that fall is fast approaching.  After this blazing inferno of a summer we've had down here, 80 degree days feel like heaven. Even better? 58 degree mornings. It felt so good this morning on my way to work turning the dial on my air to the place where the blue and red meet in the middle.


Football seasons starts tonight. More importantly, the BUCS season starts on Sunday. I've missed football Sundays at the house for the past four years. I'm finally back and ready to go!!  Being away, you don't really realize how much you're missing until you come back home. The memories all come flooding back and you realize how much you actually do miss things.  Yes, even mom yelling at you occasionally.

My AAU team is starting to come together. There are A LOTTTTTT of bad habits I'm having to work through with them. Their old coach only cared about his daughter apparently.... Given that, he didn't pay much attention to the other kids and their....skills....   Each practice, they are getting more and more used to my style. They were all a bit shell-shocked at first I think. We run. A lot. All of my drills involve getting up and down the hardwood. Being the head coach was a MAJOR adjustment at first. I realized how much more you have to watch and be vocal. Oh...and the plays come from YOUR head. That is probably the most challenging thing for me...but, I'm getting used to it! Oh...and LOVING every minute of it :)

Vacation was pretty good. Always nice to get away to the beach. We missed Tom, though. He brings something with him that wasn't there this trip. I did enjoy seeing Lila experience the beach for the first time.  However, if given the choice, I think she would prefer the pool to the sandy beach. She even loved the hot tub. Me too, kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment