9.21.2010

It's only Tuesday?

Ok, well when I wake up in a few hours it will be Wednesday, but DAMN.

I am so tired this week. The past weekend was my first AAU tournament as a head coach. Had a blast despite not winning the whole thing. The girls have a lot of work to do. Therefore, I decided to make practice a little different. I presented them with the option to make it pretty damn hard or pretty damn easy...

Monday morning came way to f*ing early. My alarm went off and my heart almost stopped, I think. From coaching, my voice has been off all week. I woke up Monday and felt like I had a cold or something. When I first woke up, I felt fine. But as the morning went on, things got fuzzier and fuzzier. It was so weird. I didn't cognitively feel tired....but I was. I wasn't in a bad mood either. I literally couldn't put a finger on what was wrong, but something was definitely off and no matter what I did, nothing helped.

Not even a Diet Dew. Yea... scary.

So I went to practice that night, fully expecting for the girls to practice horribly due to the fact that they had JUST played the day before and the day before that. I was planning on being a hard ass and going home with heightened blood pressure.

Those girls embraced everything I was trying to do. They did everything I asked and got on each other when someone wasn't doing exactly what I asked. I was sooo happy.  My day completely turned around. At 9 pm.  Love them!

This morning I was having a dream about a college graduation. Instead of Pomp and Circumstance playing as whoever it was graduating processed in, the theme song from The Office was playing. Odd right? I thought so too.  I thought it was odd until I came to and woke up for the morning. I looked at my watch. 7:46?? SHIT.

That was no graduation....that was the sound of my alarm going off HAHAHA. Apparently I was so zonked, I reached over and turned off my iPhone alarm (which takes talent if sleeping). I was late for work by 15 mins.

We had meetings ALLLLL day. When everything was said and done, I now have my hand in about 9 different projects. Sweet life.  One of those is due at 8am. So here I sit, still working on it.

Hey this kind of feels like college.....

Oh wait, I went to Richmond. This stress is NOTHING like that place. Unreal.

On a personal note...I feel pretty good for the most part. Whatever is going on with my allergies can stop anytime now. Oh....and if any new people feel like making their way into my life...that'd be fantastic. No offense to the people I already know and love, but I need to make some friends here in Greensboro. Some....non-typical friends I guess I should refer to them as.

Ah screw it, I'll just say it. Where my gays at?

No comments:

Post a Comment