9.17.2010

AAU

Sheesh-

Posts are just flowing out of me this morning. I want to update more frequently. Been a little busy lately.

My first AAU tournament as a head coach is this weekend!!!! I'm beyond pumped!

We had our first scrimmage last night. Without having our best player playing, we did just fine! I walked away pretty happy. The effort was there...that is my number one request. There is a lot to work on, but they were trying.

It has been a challenge getting them to break old habits. The old coach never really...taught...basketball stuff. He coached his daughter. That's about it.

The girls are responding very well, though. Better than I could have imagined. I see moments of brilliance and understanding. We will get there. By spring time, we should be pretty darn good. It is a matter of repetition, getting used to my style, learning the plays...and remembering them :)

I'm trying my hardest to be patient.  I now understand why coaches were impatient sometimes. You see what these kids can do....and you can't get it out of them right then and there. But I'm reminding myself that I will get it out of them in time.

I'm growing, I'm learning, I'm loving it. Like McDonald's LOL I'm lovin' it. I'm McLovin it.

OK TOO MUCH COFFEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment