9.26.2010

Forks, NC

I'm in LOVE with the weather right now.

It is now fall.  The summer was long.  A record number of days with blistering heat. The ground has been parched for quite some time. I prayed and prayed for relief from the heat. It just starts to wear on you...

The first day of fall was 95 degrees. There was no hope.

But then today happened :)  When I left for church this morning, it was beautiful, but I was somewhat disappointed. It was breezy, sunny and 63 degrees. Gorgeous. The forecast, however, said that it was supposed to be raining ALLLL day. Hmph.

As I drove home I thought, "Ehhhhh the weather people effed up again. Big surprise there. I bet it went west of us." And then I reached the part of the road that takes you by the airport. The trees part, and you can see the sky for miles. I reached the top of the hill and made the slight turn...my soul smiled :)  The dark clouds loomed ominously off in the distance behind the runway.

I don't know why I love dark, cold, wet, dreary.... I don't know. I just do. Some people feel that way about sunshine. But for me...a perfect day is a day like today. Maybe part of it is because I don't care about getting wet. My hair doesn't matter to me. I normally put it up wet anyways. I like sweatshirt weather. Maybe that's it. I don't know.

I'm laying on my bed right now listening to the rain fall on the pavement, the roof and the leaves of the trees. The breeze blowing through my windows is so refreshing I cannot possibly put it into words.

While this post is pointless and very boring to anyone reading it, I don't care. I'm super happy that God blessed me with a day like this. Oh...and it's supposed to do the same thing tomorrow :) This kinda makes me want to move to Forks. You Twihards know what I'm saying!

I think fall is finally here ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment