10.04.2010

Age is just a number, baby.

Age.

I've always bee very mature for my age. People have said that since I can remember. Oftentimes, it has made it more difficult to connect with people my own age...but I've managed!

I've always enjoyed the fact that while I'm pretty mature, I can still get in touch with my younger, inner child side. The playful side.

But what about those people who are stuck in the younger years? You all know who I'm talking about. That one friend you know who never acts their age. Not in terms of having fun or goofing around...but in terms of their maturity. It's like they are stuck at the ripe age of 18. And it annoys the hell out of you.

The way they treat people. The way these individuals conduct themselves in certain situations. You have to be careful...if you hang around them too often, you find yourself acting idiotically young too.

::smacks forehead::

Doh. We've all been there. While we care about these people, isn't it best to just cut them out of the picture? I mean....they only come running to you with the same, exact set of problems as 1, maybe 2 months earlier. Enough is enough right?

I mean, how many times can you talk someone out of them thinking that "Jessie doesn't like mehhhh because she didn't text me baaaaack in like, 5 minutes. Oh my goshhhhh...that means she like, doesn't care about mehhhh." To which you say, "Oh now...I'm sure she was just tied up for a second." ::in your mind, "you know...tied up going to the bathroom, maybe having a REAL conversation with another human being...maybe going through a drive thru..."::

"Oh my gossshhhhhh...you don't care about me eitherrrrrrrr..... You just want to stick up for Jessie. UGHHH you never take my sideeeeee."

Yea. No f'in shit, Sherlock. Because you're a complete psycho and you're never right.

::deep breath::

These...my friends....are the ones I'm talking about. We all know people like that. Luckily for me, I can't say I have any of those in my life at the moment. Nor do I plan on ever catering to such a situation in the future. But I've heard enough stories this week from friends about this situation to relate to them, and post my thoughts.

For those of you out there stuck at 18 terrible years of age.... Grow the fcuk up. Whining is not attractive. Being needy? Not attractive either.

Independence? Now there's a turn on.

For those of you listening to such infantile complaints and remarks...cut ties. People like that will never learn. They will only continue to piss you off and make the same mistakes.

Cut them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment