4.12.2011

Hell Week

Holy hell, the past 7 days have tested me in so many ways..

My patience, my faith in people, my strength, endurance...just to name a few!!

My roommate and I had to move out of where we were living. Fast. Our rent was going to be raised on us, and neither of us were prepared for that. Disadvantage of not signing a lease. Advantage? Being able to pack up and get the hell out of dodge in a mere week!

So that's what we did...we visited one apartment complex, and before we knew it, we were signing our lease. Leasing an apartment was rather amusing to me because Sarah was there for all of it. Being the rock star leasing professional that she is, she informed us of what questions to ask, etc. I must admit I was thoroughly enjoying watching the face of the girl who was showing us around while Sarah asked the questions. Too funny!

Moving day came...and went. This past weekend was insane. I don't think insane even covers the amount of work that was done this weekend. My aching body is a solid reminder, however. I literally feel like I have the flu my body hurts so bad.

In a matter of days, we packed up our spacious house and crammed everything into boxes, loaded up trucks loads of stuff and moved everything up 3 flights of stairs into our new, much smaller home. I am a lucky girl, however. Sarah had this weekend off, so she was there to help...and help she did! Tremendous help. Couldn't have done it without her. She gave up her time to do some not so fun manual labor... I owe her BIG time.

The kitchen is all unpacked, but now it's time to settle our rooms in and get everything squared away. Probably my least favorite part. Overall, I actually really like the new place...minus the fact that it's on the third floor, but hey, it's not like my ass couldn't use some resistance every day. I will miss the memories that I had from the old house, but I'm looking forward to the new ones I will make in my new home. I actually already have one. Sitting out on my balcony last night with Sarah watching the planes take off and having some amazing wine and conversation. Doesn't get much better than that!

I will post pictures once we get the place squared away! We couldn't have done this on our own. Thank you to Sarah, Andrew and Stephen from work and my family...my family cleaned that whole house and got it ready for someone else to move in. Thank you to all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment