2.10.2011

Little Transformations

When you fall in love, you go through a series of transformations. It happens at a different rate for everyone, but if you are really in love with someone...eventually stuff about you changes.

I'm not talking about changing who you are. You should be loved and you should love for who someone is NOW...not what you want them to be.

I'm talking about the transformations that make you a better version of yourself than you thought you ever could be. Changes in how you treat people and how you think of yourself. Most recently, I've gone through the transformation where life's problems aren't just your own anymore. You are not the only one who can affect your mood and emotions.

When the person you love is hurting, you hurt too. When they are sad, you feel it too. All you want to do is reach inside of their heavy heart, take out the problem and deal with it on your own. It is especially hard at a distance because you can't even offer up a hug or simply lay with them and just let them get it all out. It's easier for each person to hide how much something is bothering them when you're just talking about something online or on the phone... When you're face to face, it makes the emotions that much stronger and undeniable.

All I know is that I've learned a few things about myself:  I hate when there is something wrong with the person I love and I can't do anything about it. It unnerves me. I can't think about anything else because in the back of my mind, I know everything isn't alright. I like to hold things together...I can't stand when I feel like I'm part of the reason that things aren't 'together.' I'm a very protective person...I probably guard other people more than I guard myself. I would sacrifice a lot more for someone rather than myself.

Love is putting the other person first...that's what my parents told me. Makes for a great relationship and I'm happy to say I'm in one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment