1.30.2011

Romance

"Romance is thinking about your significant other when you're supposed to be thinking about something else." -Nicholas Sparks

How true is that? I find myself in near constant thought about the one I love. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'll be sitting at work, quietly chipping away at the day's tasks, listening to music and then all of the sudden I blink and realize what is actually going through my mind. Sometimes I'll just be sitting somewhere thinking about her and not even realize where or what I'm doing. It's like all of the sudden I come to, and realize I'm sitting in complete silence staring into space. As I sat taking my insurance licensing exams, I really had to crack down on myself and focus, because even then...she was present in my mind. That was different, however, because instead of my normal thoughts, it was like her voice was in my head telling me to focus and that I knew what I was doing and that she believed in me.

I've never experienced something like that before...

Some people might argue that it's kind of bad to be so distracted? I'd tell them they're crazy! Why is it bad? It's not...it lets me know just how much I care about the person. The fact that I can't go 5 minutes without thinking about this person is something that I love. I know all about the "infatuation stage," but this feels so incredibly different. It's not infatuation for me...never has been. It's always been genuine, and always will be.

My thoughts get me through the day and the moments that we're not talking. They put me to sleep at night, open my dreams at night and wake me up in the morning.

That's romance...

No comments:

Post a Comment