2.14.2011

Valentine's Day...Our Own Way :)

So one of the joys of being in a 'long' distance relationship is that when holidays, such as Valentine's Day, fall on random days of the week, you don't get to spend them together...

Then there is the added stress of what do you for them? Send flowers? Send something?! In our case, there is a little more of a twist to all, but it's ok because it makes things challenging sometimes...and who doesn't like a good challenge? I really really wanted to do something special for her, but there was just no way to do that unless I sent it anonymously...which would still spawn lots of questions for her to answer... Damn, maybe I should have sent something and signed it from "One of your creepy resident stalkers." Next time...next time...

The two of us kinda have our own style...  Meaning, we have this way we do things. Our surprises are always busted! She pulls stuff out of me, or things don't go according to plan. It happens quite frequently, but I actually kinda love it because we just sit there and laugh about it and it always turns out ok. That's why I got the best Valentine's Day gift today...in the form of an email that was just so cute to me.

Basically, she figured out that to have flowers delivered on VDay, you kinda have to do it in advance... In her email, she explained that she was angry because no flower place would be able to deliver flowers to me today. She was going to have them sent to the office and surprise me with a note that said:

"Love is too weak a word. I lerve you. You know, I lo-ove you. Happy Valentines Day Kristen!!! I love you!!"

That is kind of an inside thing with us and I don't know why, but getting all of this in email form (picture of roses included) was somehow really romantic to me and totally our style!! Just one of the many reasons I love her :)

Our Valentine's Day will happen next week before we leave for DC...in our own way, with our own style thrown in and I couldn't be happier about it!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone...




No comments:

Post a Comment