2.20.2011

What a week...

This has been quite the week...full of allllll kinds of emotions. Elated, surprised, angry, sad, happy, and most recently SICK!!!

That's  right...the flu. I've never had the flu and hope to God I don't get it again because it feels like death. I always get a flu shot, and got one again this year...so apparently some mutant strand formed and is now wreaking havoc on most of the people I know. Awesome...

The week started out kind of rough. It sucks not being with your valentine on Valentine's Day.

But low and behold, I was in for a surprise a few days later! My best friend, my roommate and my girl all decided to be sneaky. After work on Thursday, I met my friend Stephen after work for drinks. We then decided we were going to go get more drinks to take home and continue hanging out with one of his visiting friends. As soon as we pull up, Stephen yells "I'm on the phone, I'll be right in..." Ok. So I walk inside and see that my kitchen light is on and I'm like hmmm that's weird... And right as I set my stuff down, a little flicker of light caught my eye.

A candle...another candle...a lot of candles. A blanket on the floor with two salads, 2 wine glasses and some wine. Wait a second, I recognize that blanket... I don't think my heart beat the entire time this was happening...or as I walked down the dark hallway to my room. Right as I got to my room, she stepped out of my doorway and I immediately hugged her. And didn't let go for a while. It was like a huge rush of emotions and I could hardly control myself trying not to lose it.


After we were sure I wasn't having a heart attack, we settled down on the floor and chatted and dug into our salads. She also made dinner and we enjoyed the wine she brought. It was nice to just sit and relax with each other after not seeing each other for a while. Definitely one of the best surprises and nights I've ever had.

By the next night, she was back in Charlotte and both of us were starting to feel the effects of the flu. Wonderful... and since then, the past two days have been awful. I've never felt so weak and shitty before. At least I was able to stay home and rest...she had to work and I feel sooooo sorry for her because this thing is no joke. I watched my roommate have it and a bunch of coworkers. Terrible.

Hopefully everyone's good by Thursday so we can get on the road to DC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment