1.13.2011

My Disney World

Has anticipation ever been known to kill someone? Sometimes the anticipation of something I'm really excited about feels like it might just kill me. I mean this in the best way possible of course...

I love that there are things in life that can make you feel that way. If you were lucky enough as a kid to experience Disney World, you know the exact feeling I'm talking about. I was luckier than most because I was born in Orlando...lived 20 minutes from the Magic Kingdom. Talk about some awesome memories. Unforgettable feelings. I love that as an adult, I can feel the exact same feeling that I did yeeeeears ago. That feeling of can't sleep, can't sit still, can't focus, can't stop grinning... I remember how the night before going to Disney in the morning felt like: I would lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, looking out the window to see if it was light yet, listening for some movement in the house to let me know it was time to get up...the sever let down when I realized it wasn't even midnight yet. I would lie there like a big ball of nervous energy, full of anticipation for the coming day's fun activities.

In the morning, you can't get dressed fast enough. Can't choke down your Cheerios fast enough. So excited your fingers shake when you're trying to velcro your shoe (haha yea, I wore velcro light up shoes) Getting annoyed that everyone else wasn't ready when you were. The ride to the park being the longest drive everrrrrr. And then it happens...you park the car and take the first step towards what you're so excited about. And then you see what you've been dreaming about for days...the castle stands there in front of you like best thing you've ever laid eyes on. All you want to do is run into the park as fast as you can because the moment has finally come...

I'm so happy I can still feel that as an adult. It is such an honest, raw, innocent feeling that is next to impossible to hide. Every one sees it..especially your roommate as you run around the house like a crazy person--mostly just trying to keep your brain occupied until the thing you've been dreaming about is finally there.

That's how I feel these days...like a little kid, laying in bed every night anxiously awaiting the thing that makes my heart beat the fastest and makes me the most excited. I wish everyone had this feeling :)

Even on your worst days, this feeling saves you and snaps you out of your funk.

Anticipation....powerful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment