1.12.2011

Long, Slow, Beautiful Dance

Everything in our world today is fast paced. Bigger, better, faster... Everything. Every one wants everything to be done right now, or they want to have something right this second.

Where's my food? Why are these commercials so long? I wish she/he would just get to the point. This drive takes forever.

Everyone is guilty of it...myself included. How satisfying are the things that we get right away? How good does a Big Mac feel later in your stomach? Sure it's ordered and in your hands in a matter of minutes. But think about a filet mignon or a grilled lamb chop... How amazing does that taste? Pretty damn good... But definitely doesn't come out as fast a Big Mac.

My point is...when you compare things like this, there is no question. The things that take a little bit longer are usually worth it.

I've got 'filet' in my life right now in the form of an amazing girl. I didn't go searching for the quick fix to satiate my hunger. I waited...I waited patiently and stumbled upon someone amazing. While things between us took off at lightning speed, they are now at a normal pace where everyday is a gift and another opportunity to uncover yet another reason to love this person.

Some days are longer than others....the days where I don't physically get to see her. But I still maintain that every day is a gift. Thankfully we live in a day and age where technology allows us to 'see' each other. Many people didn't have that. That's why I'm a fan of some old school stuff...I still think handwritten things are romantic and that some things should just be said in person.

I'm sitting here listening to one of my favorite bands ever (Rascal Flatts!!) Long, Slow, Beautiful Dance...and I can't help but think about my life right now. All of this is just that:

A deep breath and baby steps
That's how the whole thing starts
It's a long slow beautiful dance
To the beat of a heart


And right now...I'm dancing to the beat of my heart. Which beats pretty fast these days :)



No comments:

Post a Comment