10.21.2010

Decisions, Decisions

Work------Monday-Friday (8:00am - 5:00pm)
High School Practice------Monday-Friday (6:30pm-8:45pm)
AAU Practice-------Saturdays (11:00am-1:00pm)
Individual Instruction------Saturdays/Sundays (anytime)


Hmmm....

I'd say I'm just a tad busy.


I'm always coming and going. Am I coming home after work, or am I going to practice after work? I can't tell which is right half the time. This sounds like too busy of a schedule for some. When I really think about it, I'm like holy shit, Kristen...where did your life go?

But then I think that through. My life didn't go anywhere. If anything, my life went awry in college. Basketball has always been my life. It was my life until college, but then my foot happened, which lead to senior year...and looking back, I wasn't happy. I wasn't satisfied. There was always something missing. Two things missing to be exact. One of them is back now. Basketball.

Coaching my kids this fall re-lit the fire. It reaffirmed my longing to coach in college one day. So...giving my weekends to a bunch of 12 year olds...that sounds like a great weekend to me. Now, in addition to head coaching my AAU girls, I'm assistant coaching at a high school. As said schedule shows, that is also quite time consuming. We basically have a college-level schedule.

So here's the gist of it. I may not "go out" on Fridays or Saturdays anymore. I may spend my weekends with 12-18 year olds and their parents. I may travel to games and get home at 1 in the morning. I may have practice every day. But you know what? This is all I've ever really known. And I like it that way. Last year without it, there was too much time for bullshit. There was drama. There was this and that. I don't want any of that.

Some might call it lame, but I call it ambition. I've always found a way to balance social and work, and I fully intend to do so now as well.

I enjoy being busy. I enjoy being on the go. There is less bullshit in your life that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment