8.10.2010

Orlando, NC

Good Lord it is muggy outside.

After a very warm and muggy day today, storm clouds rolled in around 4. I had to take my sister to pick up her Jeep before cruising home for the day. Lucky me cruised right into a monsoon. For anyone who doesn't know, I drive a Mustang...and they do NOT perform in any type of weather. Sunshine only it seems like. As I drove into the hazy gray horizon, my speedometer fell from 65 to about 30. It was that bad. After the storm moved on, the humidity crawled back in with a vengeance. It feels worse than Orlando did when I lived there.  Buttttttt, this isn't interesting so I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

Here are a few updates:
1. My niece can WALK!!!!!!!!
2. I'm back at Smart Choice (yay!!)
3. I have my very own AAU team and I SOOOO excited.

Shout out to my Aunt who follows this blog. We had a funny conversation in which she told me she found a bunch of journals from when she was a teen and early 20 year old. She informed me that she is SO glad that blogs did not exist then because she would be mortified if the stuff she said then was on the internet now.  I'm sure I will look back one day and laugh at the dumb shit I was preoccupied with.

I am beyond excited about this whole head coaching gig I have going on. I am taking over a team that played 11u this past summer, so they will be 12s next spring. For fall ball, we will be playing at 12s. From what a buddy of mine told me, I'm getting  GREAT group of girls that have equally as great parents. For that I am oh so thankful. I'm excited to take everything I've learned over the years and teach these young girls.

I just want give these young players what people gave me--except I vow not to cross lines and ruin things for them like some people tried to do to me =-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I got a shoutout! And in no WAY do I think what you post is remotely as horrifying as my old diaries.....you can look back on what you've blogged with pride! Unlike me....::shudder:: Seriously, you're a terrific writer & I enjoy your posts. Keep going with it! :) And congrats on your AAU coaching. You will excel in it.

    ReplyDelete