5.31.2010

Holiday weekends and diets just don't go together

The folks were out of town... the neighbors were in party mode... there was a wine festival... It was Memorial Day weekend. The pools were open for the first time this spring/summer. People, both the old and creaky and the young and spunky, were stoked for summer's kickoff.

I didn't overindulge on food this weekend, but I definitely broke the diet rules. But honestly, it is very hard during a holiday to stay on track.

Saturday was a great day!! I went to the North Carolina Wine Festival with my sister and bro in-law. It was my first, so I was kind of excited for it. It was funny to see a bunch of country folk outdoors trying to act sophisticted. That's pretty hard when you walk around asking, "You got any of that there sweet wine?" I mean really dudes?? First of all it is North Carolina wine...its ALLLLL sweet. Or Muscadine. ::gags:: But seriously...don't try to act sophisticated. Just enjoy yourself!

The overall experience was good. It was just hot. Very hot. As in sweat dripping down my buttcrack hot. Ok, sorry TMI. After a couple hours of tasting, everything started to taste the same. So we bounced.

Then there was the night time get together with the neighbors. Holy hot tub party. There were many adult beverages consumed... And woop woop sha doop we had a gooooood time.

The next day was spent at the pool with one of my neighbors and their family. Lots of fun in the sun :)

I'm getting a sudden case of ADD, so I'm going to stop writing for now.

Oh look, a bug on the floor.

1 comment:

  1. Dieting takes time and commitment. It also take s an entire lifestyle change. It's okay to indulge in your favorite foods, as long long as you have a SLICE of pizza and not the hwole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete